PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
People Operations Generalist is a newly-established position on PathAI’s People Operations and Culture team and works closely with all other members of the broader People, Finance, and Operations teams. This position will support a variety of ongoing People Operations functions with a focus on scaling processes and workflow to effectively and efficiently support a quickly growing team.
- Own all day-to-day activities related to benefits administration, leave management, and general employee support to ensure benefits are processed, questions are answered and issues are resolved quickly
- Proactively perform ongoing HR tasks including compliance audits, employment verification, background check management, employee agreements, QMS approvals, and security audit support, ensuring stakeholders are informed as needed
- Serve as a point person for employees on a variety of topics including benefits, leave management, PTO, and others
- Maintain PathAI’s Employee Handbook, effectively proposing and making policy updates with cross-functional input as needed to comply with employment law requirements across 20+ states
- Maintain accurate data across multiple tools and systems, e.g. Gusto, Officevibe, Confluence, Employee Navigator, Lattice etc, to ensure accuracy, keeping sensitive employee information strictly confidential
- Collaborate with finance, external vendors, and other stakeholders to maintain and implement a competitive benefits package for PathAI
- Support development and documentation of People Ops procedures, wiki pages, and other employee resources, expanding self-service capabilities for the team and ensuring information is up-to-date
- Support People Analytics function, facilitating data collection, evaluation, and reporting for key People metrics including workforce data required by federal and state laws (e.g., 1095-C, EEOC, MEPA, etc)
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity and support greater efficiency and effectiveness across the entire People Operations function
- 2+ years of demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting a growing team, ideally in a fast-paced tech environment with multiple categories of employees
- Working knowledge of and skills in multiple HR functional areas including: Benefits, HRIS, payroll, compliance, employee relations, employment law and policy creation
- Specific experience with benefits administration and oversight; familiarity with HRAs, HSAs, and experience with self-funded plans a plus
- PHR/SHRM certification a plus
- Experience with People analytics and reporting preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Collaboration skills and desire to deliver excellent customer service to colleagues
- Ability to make decisions despite uncertainty; comfort in an fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics, with varying levels of guidance -- and a willingness to flexibly play a wide variety of roles as situations require
- Expertly manages deadlines and competing priorities, moving with urgency and focus
- Able to easily build trust-based relationships with employees at all levels/units across the organization
- Strong moral compass, sound judgment and personal empathy
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.