People Operations Analyst at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is continuously growing and changing! Our People Operations and Systems team supports and enhances the employee journey by evolving our processes and systems as we scale. This role owns the execution of day-to-day activities to keep our people data accurate and up-to-date, directly impacting the experience of employees or managers and ensuring that business runs smoothly.
This role requires fierce organization, unparalleled attention to detail, and strong communication skills. A successful candidate will possess technical understanding of data management techniques, the ability to implement data quality best practices and the interest in growing their experience across People data related work.
About this roll*:
- Ensures data integrity by acting upon results of weekly, monthly and quarterly audits. Audit and maintain HR data integrity by ensuring accuracy and consistency of input data while troubleshooting irregularities. Support data governance processes.
- Responds to HR data requests on an ad hoc basis by gathering, analyzing, and reporting relevant data from various sources.
- Develop report writing skills to optimize audits and address team requests for data. Respond to requests to create, maintain, and support a variety of standard reports, ad-hoc reports, and queries utilizing the appropriate reporting tools. This includes annual EEO, census, and various compensation reporting requirements.
- Optimizes and implements (new) data processes and systems.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as it relates to all systems to promote consistent standards across all functions. Continually works with People team to ensure adherence to established processes and procedures.
- Responsible for addressing a high volume of system-related activities in a timely fashion while maintaining a high level of quality and internal customer satisfaction.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 2+ years experience working in HR with a broad understanding of the employee life cycle; Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred
- 1+ years of Workday and Human Resources Management System experience
- Experience working in a data-driven role - Prior HR or customer service experience a plus
- Exhibits outstanding judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential and highly sensitive people data
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources processes and database design, processes, and functions
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Able to manage priorities and working independently to deliver work within deadlines
- Strong communicator, service-oriented and able to collaborate with a team
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
*Bread puns encouraged but not required