At Cogo Labs, we build startup companies from scratch.
We're not just venture capitalists. We're an experienced, proven team of engineers, analysts, and entrepreneurs using innovative market-leading tools, combined with big data and intellectual curiosity to build a platform that spins up successful online businesses, fast!
Meet a few of our successful ventures to date: EverQuote, HopJump, and CareDash
As a Manager of HR Strategy & Operations, you will be tasked with supporting the ideation, planning, and execution of several high-impact initiatives as part of the People & Culture team. Initiatives include overseeing our Performance Strategy process, scaling a high impact Compensation philosophy, and building the playbook to support a scaled Incubator operating model. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to be a key leader in a high impact, growing People & Culture team.
This role will be remote until we are back in the office. This person will need to be able to commute into our Cambridge, MA office.
What to expect from Cogo:
- A fun, supportive culture. Happy employees are the most successful. We take care of our own, and not just because it's good business.
- Near obsessive use of data to inform business decisions. We believe that efficient growth happens when we make every decision based on solid, well directed analysis.
- Unmatched opportunity. We believe in mentoring people to grow as quickly as they can. Today's new grad hires are tomorrow's trail blazers.
- Flexibility and novelty. You have the autonomy to continuously define your role over time, as you identify the problems that you are uniquely capable of solving.
- The ability to take big swings. We are a successful company today due to the great ideas that have been generated and executed by our phenomenal Cogo team.
- HR or People Ops experience strongly preferred
- Experience in consulting, project management, or corporate strategy in the start-up or tech sector preferred
- Experience executing on performance reviews and calibration, compensation, people analytics/surveys, employee engagement projects, and organization design strategy
- 7+ years of experience and/or 2+ years post advanced degree preferred
- Action-oriented and impact-centric with the ability to effectively influence and communicate at all levels of the organization and lead multiple stakeholder relationships
- Proven experience in building a strategic POV in an ambiguous environment and quickly moving to execution phase.
- Experience leading with data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed.
- You have excellent communication skills and a passion for working across functions and with C-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- You have a strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
If you're reading this and questioning whether you should apply, apply! There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we don't expect you to check every box. We're inspired by the uniqueness that people like you bring to the table. The companies that we incubate are only as innovative as the breadth of lived experiences shared by the teams building them. We can't wait to read your application!
Cogo Labs is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cogo Labs Leadership Principles
- Take Big Swings
Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Leaders strive to spend their time exclusively on what’s important, and they shed the rest. They seek out the highest return on their team’s time and effort.
- Data Driven
Leaders work backwards from the solution to generate plans. They use data to be sure their time and effort are always leveraged at the most impactful work. They admit when they are wrong and use the data to eliminate their blind spots.
- Make Moonshine
Leaders create value from spare and under-utilized parts. They’re resourceful and tenacious. They expect and require innovation and invention from their teams, and they find ways to simplify. They are situationally aware; they look for good ideas from anywhere.
- Insist on the Highest Standards
Leaders keep the standards relentlessly high. They demand high quality products, services, and processes because they deliver high quality products, services, and processes. Leaders solve root problems and ensure that when problems get fixed, they stay fixed.
- Bias for Action
Leaders run everywhere they go. Many decisions and actions are reversible and don’t need extensive study. Leader’s value calculated risk taking because they know that in business, speed wins.
- Have Integrity; Earn Trust
Leaders listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully. They are vocally self-critical, even when doing so is difficult or embarrassing. Leaders are not arrogant. They benchmark themselves against the best and identify their gaps.
- Hire and Develop the Best
Leaders raise the bar with every hire and promotion. They want to work with other leaders. They recognize exceptional talent and enthusiastically propel them throughout the organization. Leaders are serious about their role in coaching others.
Leaders think long-term and don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. They own all the inputs to their business. They act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team.
- Disagree and Commit
Leaders respectfully challenge decisions when they disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or awkward. They have conviction; they do not compromise in the name of social niceties. Once a decision is reached, they commit wholly.
- Dive Deep
Leaders operate at once with immense perspective and granular detail. No task is beneath them. They audit frequently, and they are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ.
- Deliver Results
Leaders focus their time on the key drivers for their business. They pursue them obsessively to deliver results with the right quality and in a timely fashion. They rise to the occasion and never compromise.