People & Culture Associate
Have you imagined working in an environment driven by a passion and desire to not only outperform, but also outbehave the market? Since 2009, Flywire has been that company, creating solutions that break barriers, and teams that always look at the next disruptive way to move Flywire and its customers into the next phase of payment solutions.
Working as part of the global People & Culture team, this individual will be tasked with supporting our growing workforce in the Americas on their FlyMate journey. In collaboration with the global team, this individual will touch a variety of local HR functions such as onboarding, administration, organizational change, internal communications, culture, and more!
With over 30 nationalities across 9 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and as a member of the Global People & Culture Team, you will help accelerate Flywire across the globe!
- Provide daily support to our FlyMates based in the Americas (United States, Canada, & South America)
- Support local recruiting efforts and assist with onsite interviews to ensure successful candidate visits
- Act as FlyMate ambassador for all new hires and drive the on-boarding process in partnership with hiring managers & HelpDesk. Such tasks include, but are not limited to, background check completion; new hire communication and scheduling; office equipment setup; coordination of travel arrangements; and conducting new-hire orientations
- Oversee the completion and accuracy of compensation and benefit documentation
- Administer United States (multi-state) & Canada payroll on a bi-weekly basis, answer payroll questions and facilitate resolutions to any payroll errors in partnership with Finance
- Manage benefits program and vendor relationships; Assist FlyMates with benefit-related questions, ongoing benefit administration, and open enrolment
- Partner with Finance to reconcile benefit statements, approve invoices for payment, and complete yearly compliance reporting for Flywire’s 401(k) plan
- Update the HRIS system (BambooHR) and maintain personnel folders, documentation, and other data to ensure compliance and accuracy for reporting purposes
- Assist as needed with updating employment records related to job changes, compensation adjustments, global assignments, promotions and off-boarding.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all Americas FlyMates regarding Flywire policies, process, and other HR related duties
FlyMate skills and qualifications:
- BA/BS degree
- 1-3 HR experience working at a rapid growth startup environment (preferred)
- A startup mentality, as well as an ability and interest in wearing multiple hats
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices preferred)
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Effective oral and written communication
- Organized, efficient and demonstrates a strong attention to detail with daily tasks
- An ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and strike a balance between employee and company needs while keeping everybody happy
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong initiative and resourcefulness
- International experience/exposure; studied, lived or worked abroad is a plus