Payroll Specialist at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Payroll Specialist will be primarily responsible for all day-to-day payroll activities for US and international payrolls. This individual will report to the Payroll Manager and will be responsible for the end-to-end processing of all domestic and international employee payroll including expense reimbursements, supplemental pay, benefits, etc. This individual will be the main point of contact for employee payroll and payroll tax inquiries. This individual will partner closely with our People Team, effecting change and completing special projects aligned with company-wide goals and objectives.
About this roll*:
- Coordinate, produce and audit biweekly payroll for Multi-state US and international payroll, including off-cycle payments or supplemental (bonus and year ending) payrolls, as needed
- Act as main point of contact for employee payroll questions including triaging and providing support and resolution
- Facilitate support orders/wage garnishments and manage unemployment inquiries
- Perform testing in Workday for new pay components and releases
- Work with payroll provider tax services to register for both state and local taxes
- Reconciliation of quarterly 941s and the reconciliation and distribution of annual W-2 reporting
- Establish and maintain process documentation for new procedures.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3+ years Payroll experience, preferably using Workday and/or ADP
- Thorough knowledge of US payroll tax laws for a multi-state employer
- Attention to detail
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong customer service skills, ServiceNow experience a plus
- Experience with 401k a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required