Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus seeks a Payroll Specialist to joins our Human Resource team that will support the build-out and launch of Bi-weekly and Semi-Monthly Payroll. This team will be focused on ensuring that our entire organization both domestically and internationally are paid in a timely manner. The Payroll Specialist role will be a critical part of CarGurus, responsible for building out weekly reports and leading key yearly projects. The Payroll team also responsible for leading all aspects of the commission, bonus payrolls, and payroll benefit accruals; while collaborating with the accounting team on providing accurate and effective journal entry reporting documents.
What You'll Do:
- Assist with Organizational-wide payrolls (USA, UK, Ireland, and Canada)
- Collect data and payroll information across the entire company
- Entering data into Workday HRIS for payroll processing
- Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate post-processing
- Ensure employee’s hours are submitted and approved in Workday HRIS
- Assist with amendments and year-end reporting process (W-2, W-2c, 1095c)
- Build ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Prepare journal entry reports for the international payrolls
- Process off-cycle and manual payments
- Manage the payroll inbox
- Respond to all payroll inquiries timely and accurately
- Complete employment verifications
- Report to department team lead regarding daily activities and issues
- 3-5 years of demonstrable experience processing multi-state and multi-cycle payrolls
- Solid understanding of payroll standard methodologies
- Understanding of tax as it relates to payroll, fringe benefits, employee benefits, and equity grants
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations
- Strong PC and/or Mac skills including proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Workday HRIS preferred
- Strong work ethic with a great teammate mentality
- Professional with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Capacity for decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Familiarity with FLSA and record-keeping requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.