Payroll Manager at Agero + Swoop
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
This position is responsible for the end-to-end processing of payroll for approximately 3,000 associates in the US and Canada. Provides, leadership, planning, project coordination and management of the payroll team. Maintains the accuracy of payroll, resolves payroll problems, audits and reviews summaries and prepares various payroll documents and reports. Insures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and ensures timely and accurate payroll processing and reporting. Reviews payroll processes and identifies and implements procedures to improve accuracy and efficiency.
Key Outcomes associated with the role:
- Quickly onboard and learn unique Agero systems and processes to ensure flawless execution of payrolls (bi weekly payroll that is completed weekly for different groups)
- Provide Payroll expertise as part of the project establishing our new HCM
- Continued review and implementation of operational efficiencies and excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversees, directs and coaches the payroll team; Provides overall prioritization of work assignments and management of functional team resources and their activities
- Reviews and implements internal controls surrounding payroll processing.
- Build and maintain a strong payroll team through effective recruiting, training, coaching and team building. Prepare and deliver performance feedback and staff development plans. Assess the skills and skill levels necessary to achieve work objectives.
- Responds to associate and manager inquiries on a day to day basis by handling payroll related issues.
- Researches payroll problem areas and reviews current procedures to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance.
- Coordinates, researches, and expedites special projects and prepares results for senior management.
- Prepares payroll records for year-end W2 processing.
- Prepares journal entry of payroll for posting to general ledger.
- Provides periodic review of payroll reports and summaries, auditing the information, understanding federal, state, and local regulatory issues.
- Reviews and processes payroll related bills, invoices and collects tax credits.
- Acts as systems administrator for and Kronos time keeper.
Skills, Experiences and Attributes:
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+years experience in payroll processing
- 2 years of project or supervisory/management experience.
- Automated payroll experience
- working knowledge of Human Resources and Benefits as it relates to payroll and HRIS.
- Knowledge of ADP and Kronos
- Solid understanding of payroll procedures and federal, state, and local regulations.