Manager, HR Business Partnerships
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow and nurture our employee base while maintaining a best-in-class company culture.
Reporting to the Director, People & Culture, you will be responsible for leading the HR Business Partnerships function across the organization. The ideal candidate will bring strong business acumen, cultural awareness, consultative skills, customer service orientation, and functional human resources expertise. This role will effectively influence analysis and decision-making in the areas of leadership, talent management and development, succession planning, change management, organizational development and design, team building, performance management, and employee relations. The person in this role should have proven experience understanding business concepts and aligning business needs with HR support and solutions to move the business ahead in a hyper-growth environment. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness to effectively build and sustain strong partnerships with trust and credibility across the business.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of Human Resources; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Assists in the development of strategic Human Resources programs that will engage, develop, and retain employees.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to provide coaching to management on addressing a variety of employee issues while effectively mitigating business and company risk.
- Lead a variety of HR initiatives to including annual employee engagement survey, talent reviews, special projects, etc.
- Partners with HRBP’s to consult with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate on items such as coaching, counseling, career development, performance, etc.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the larger team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- In accordance with established guidelines, provides managers and supervisors with interpretation and guidance regarding HR policies, legal and compliance matters.
- Assist with succession planning activities in order to ensure that a pipeline of high potential and/or promotable employees are identified and developed to meet future organizational needs.
- In conjunction with the L&D Manager, assesses individual and organizational training/development needs and help design or recommend programs to meet the identified needs.
- Analyze employee NPS results and implement programs to improve overall employee satisfaction within different departments.
- 5-8 years of related Human Resources experience
- 3+ years of management experience preferred
- Solid understanding of HR practices, policies, and employment law
- Strong teamwork, communication & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in a high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to show excellent judgment, creative problem-solving, and training/coaching
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field required; HR certification preferred