Leave Administrator (LOA) at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Our People Operations team supports and enhances the employee journey by evolving our processes and systems as we scale. We meet Toasters in moments that matter. By enabling the business with tools and efficient processes, we support all Toasters to thrive through providing a reliable and positive employee experience.
This roll* is responsible for the day-to-day administration of all employee leaves of absence, including leaves qualifying under Toast’s leave and time-off policies, state and local leave laws and workers’ compensation. This is a great opportunity to be a subject matter expert on a growing team where you can use your process improvement skills to create efficiencies. The ideal candidate will have fierce organization skills and a commitment to ensuring great experiences for Toast employees and managers.
The People Operations Leave Administrator is responsible for administering and managing Toast’s leave programs, supporting employees, collaborating with our leave administration vendor, partnering with the People Success Team and communicating with managers regarding leave statuses to help them plan their the day-to-day business operations while employees are out on leave.
What you will do:
- Communicate with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules, the benefits available to them, and ensure they have the information needed to file a claim with our third party vendor.
- Maintain communication with our third party vendor, as well as with employees on leave and their managers to facilitate a smooth and timely return to work.
- Advise employees and managers on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, workers’ compensation, and short-term and long-term disability benefits. Handle inbound inquiries and escalate complex issues as needed.
- Ensure accurate employee information is processed in Workday and processed to Payroll on a timely basis.
- Recommend revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Preserve confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- Proactively identify process improvements and collaborate towards a more productive process that improves the employee and manager experience.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as necessary.
Do you have the right ingredients?
The ideal candidate in this role will be customer-oriented, will genuinely enjoy working with people, and will have the ability to successfully manage multiple high priority tasks. Additional required qualifications include:
- Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws.
- Experience working in a HR department preferred, with a minimum of 3 years of experience; Co-op and internship experience will be considered.
- Prior experience working with outsourced leave of absence service providers or insurance companies is a plus.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and the ability to work well with people.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and an unwavering commitment to accuracy.
- Experience with Workday, ServiceNow, or other HRIS systems is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain discretion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Resources related field preferred.
- Completion of specialized certification or training on FMLA/leave administration is a plus.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.