Human Resources (HR) Manager at ActBlue
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission. We're excited to grow this team and get ready to take on even bigger challenges as we look toward 2020 and beyond.
The People & Culture team aims to establish ActBlue as a top employer of choice for people who are passionate about empowering small-dollar donors in our country. We attract diverse, talented employees and promote an engaging, inclusive culture where team members develop, thrive and catalyze positive change.
We seek a Human Resources Manager to shape and execute key human resource functions in service of the organization. This Manager will be responsible for a wide range of critical work streams including ActBlue’s operating policies and employee relations, ensuring they work in direct support of the org’s goals to be a great place to work. This Manager is an integral member of ActBlue’s People & Culture team, will act as a trusted advisor to ActBlue leadership and managers, and will report to the Director, People & Culture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Administer and help establish org Human Resource (HR) policies and benefits (40%)
- Steward the ActBlue’s Employee Resource Guide, making periodic updates that include but are not limited to policy refreshes, amplification of existing workplace expectations, and inclusive language.
- Project manage the development and roll out/implementation processes of new and/or revised ActBlue policies
- Consult with relevant Department Heads to examine impact of new and/or revised policies on specific staff by employee classification status (hourly; salaried) and Dept (AB/ATS).
- Consult closely with ActBlue’s legal counsel team to ensure ActBlue policies remain in compliance with relevant federal, state and municipal policies and risk mitigation practices
- Ensure ActBlue benefits remain market-competitive
- Help design, steward, & broadcast ActBlue’s employee value proposition
Provide managers and team leaders with ongoing training and materials in support of org policies and benefits (20%)
- Set up and maintain HR internal guidance materials and knowledge resources (Confluence)
- In collaboration with ActBlue’s legal counsel and People & Culture team members, manage design & delivery of training and resources to managers to ensure org compliance with employment laws and regulations, leveraging externally-delivered trainings as appropriate
Drive execution of key HR processes and employee experiences (40%)
- Serve as SPOA (single point of authority) on policies in ActBlue’s Employee Resource Guide (handbook)
- Oversee employee relations and provide consultation, facilitation & resolution strategies for peer-based workplace issues
- Manage and serve as SPOA on ActBlue’s HRIS & all related internal and external information requests
- Administer leave processes, including FMLA, ADA, parental leave, etc
- In compliance with ADA, assist in the determination & implementation of reasonable accommodations requests
- Manage termination protocols
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- You are committed to ActBlue’s mission
- You are motivated to be part of a new team within a fast-paced, growing organization
- You bring 5-8 years of work experience executing HR processes, with evidence of increased scope/responsibilities over time. Preferred but not required: prior work experience in a scaling or mid-sized organization.
- You are skilled at navigating complex people and HR situations & demonstrate the ability to listen, learn, and drive to solutions with others
- You bring a record of strong judgment and discretion in advising others and handling sensitive information
- Preferred: SHRM-CP or PHR certification
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlue’s headquarters are located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in office, salaried position based in Somerville, MA.*
*In the short term: Due to COVID-19, we have shifted our entire staff to fully remote at this time. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and begin employment remotely from your home office if you are hired for this role. If working out of our ActBlue offices in Somerville long-term will entail relocation for you, we will work with you directly to make sure you’re able to relocate in a reasonable time frame once ActBlue resumes standard in-office work patterns.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits; fully and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401K contribution match; and a flexible time-off policy.
Salary range: $60,000-$90,000