Human Resources Generalist at Building Engines
About Building Engines
Building Engines was founded on the principle of helping commercial real estate (CRE) professionals win each day through exceptional operations. That means giving our clients total control over their properties, and the confidence to make smarter decisions every day to meet the needs of tenants, owners, investors, employees and vendors. We do that today for nearly 600 CRE organizations, managing nearly 24,000 buildings across over 2 billion square feet.
Based in the heart of Boston, our entrepreneurial and collaborative culture combines the best attributes of an established industry leader with the disruptive attitude of a startup.
Our Mission is simple: Be the best operations platform in Commercial Real Estate. We take pride in aiming to be the best and continually positioning ourselves to be better than we were yesterday.
Our Vision is big: Revolutionize property management by providing Commercial Real Estate professionals with the tools to transform activity into intelligence. We believe that even a small company can define an industry.
Our Purpose is central: Improve life at work. We do this by delivering a world-class product to our customers so that their tenants have easy access to the services and information that keep them happy.
As Building Engines continues to innovate new technology for the Commercial Real Estate market (it’s more exciting than it sounds), we are looking for a self-motivated individual who loves empowering and supporting a collaborative team to do their best work.
Do you like solving problems by coming up with solutions and continually improving company processes and culture? Do you care about the people you work with and the work environment? Do you want to work closely with a group of seasoned executive leaders and energized HR staff to come up with new and better ways of empowering and motivating our talented people? If so, this role is for you!!!
As an HR Generalist, it will be your job to deliver core talent and people programs and act as a trusted partner to facilitate effective program delivery, working in collaboration with the Senior Directors of Human Resources and Chief People Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Build strong relationships across Building Engines in order to support effective HR delivery
- Grow into a trusted advisor with the business on key HR and talent delivery topics
- Facilitate the execution of core HR programs and annual processes: e.g. performance management, talent review, rewards programs, goal-setting, promotions, compensation and benefits, employee onboarding
- Provide trusted thought partnership on interviewing and hiring decisions
- Create reports to support HR and company decision-making around talent and people processes and priorities
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in HR, preferably in a fast-paced growth company
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); HRIS systems (e.g. BambooHR will be a plus)
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Excellent communication and people skills with employees of all levels
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Trustworthy, proactive, and independent
- Proven judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work with an experienced and passionate team only interested in achieving success together
- The opportunity to collaborate and innovate as we build out our HR team to support Building Engines growth and scale
- Growing your HR career at an innovative SaaS company with a work-hard and have-fun culture
- Excellent health and dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation