Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
We need an HR Coordinator for our People Ops team to work alongside Soofa’s Director of HR, managing HR workflows, building a fun and inclusive company culture, and maintaining a cohesive remote/distributed work environment. This role is recruting-heavy and a strong sales accumen is a must (we live and die by the saying "recruiting is sales and sales is recruiting").
Candidates from underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply. Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome, Boston area preferred.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join us!
- Recruiting: screen candidates and manage their virtual interview experience, handle dozens of phone interviews weekly, schedule and coordinate candidate interviews with hiring managers, all seamlessly maintained by you in the world's most organized ATS
- Create a delightful onboarding and welcome experience for new hires
- Oversee office logistics
- Jump into other projects as needed—you never say “that’s not my job”
- 1-2 years' HR or sales experience
- Spreadsheet and data reporting expert—love of data is a must
- Understanding of and excitement around KPIs/metrics/goals
- Crazy-good organizational skills—nothing gets dropped by you, ever
- Excited to give and receive feedback to/from the leadership team daily
- Ambition—you hope to slay this role and move up in under a year
- Strong sales accumen
- Loves to jump into chaos and thrive in a bustling team environment
- Thoughtful and empathetic
- Did we mention driven?
Bonus Points For
- Event planning experience
- EA experience
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.