We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is continuously growing and changing! Our People Operations and Systems team supports and enhances the employee journey by evolving our processes and systems as we scale. This role will help support and grow Toast’s use of Workday as our main employee system of record.
About this roll*:
- Support Toast’s use of Workday HCM, specifically Core HCM, Compensation & Talent modules and associated integrated systems (Greenhouse, TBD LMS), through process redesign, configuration, testing, training & troubleshooting
- Collaborate with internal People teams (People Operations, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, People Success) to understand their processes and corresponding system usage. Constantly seek out ways to improve systems and processes based on standard methodologies and input from key business and people leaders. Address areas for improvement through process redesign, testing, training and communication.
- Provide system support for periodic calendar events (People Reviews, Merit & Bonus processes, headcount planning)
- Support major Workday releases, including research and demo of new functionality
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to general employee and manager questions, looping in other team members as necessary
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 2+ years experience working in HR with a broad understanding of the employee life cycle; Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred
- 1-2 years of experience as a Workday analyst or administrator responsible for configuration, testing, and support of Workday. Ideal candidate will have completed Workday Training related to HCM Fundamentals, Configurable Security, Business Process Administration and Workday Report Writer. Compensation Fundamentals a plus!
- Enthusiasm for learning new technology and a love of process improvement and data; interest in driving administrative efficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (advanced knowledge of Excel preferred) and Google Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong customer service skills, attention to detail, and outstanding organizational skills
- Experience interpreting data and presenting information and findings.
- Ability to multitask under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude, can-do mindset, and a desire to constantly improve and iterate
- Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing business needs
*Bread puns encouraged but not required