HR Business Partner at SS&C Intralinks
HR Business Partner
SS&C Intralinks is looking for a dynamic proactive HR Business Partner (HRBP) to join our fast-paced and growing Human Resources Department in New York, NY. The HRBP position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units and serves as a consultant to management on human resources‐related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent and assesses and anticipates HR‐related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value‐added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. This is a regional role.
- Consults and partners with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Prepares and maintains HR Dashboard with HR engagement, effectiveness, attrition, retention, ROI analysis. Interprets dashboard outcomes for action items or internal advisory
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-today management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, performance reviews, career development, and disciplinary actions)
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Exit interviews and analysis. Periodic discussion with business managers to discuss exit interview outcomes.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Strong knowledge of immigration processes and requirements, and experience handling immigration matters and providing immigration support for new hires, international employee travel plans, and international employee transfers.
- Work with business units, employees, managers and talent acquisition team to advise of all visa requirements and ensure compliance with any work authorization limitations
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning and change management.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training and compliance programs and may be involved in identifying training needs for business units.
- Maintain regular and updated documentation for all immigration paperwork including Public Access Files and internal immigration files for all eligible employees and other immigration notices
- Understands federal and state employment laws
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources or related field
- 4-6 years of relevant HR Business Partner experience working directly with Sales organizations
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Previous experience working with a regional sales organization preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of the organization and with diverse client groups
- Displays strong leadership capabilities and business acumen – sees the big picture and operates with perspective
- Comfortable shifting from hands-on, urgent work to complex, strategic and long-term work.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills; ability to establish metrics, analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Outlook
- Experience with ADP, Ceridian, WorkDay or other equivalent HRCMS
- HR certification a plus
- Ability to travel (approx. 10-15% domestic)