HR Business Partner
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for an HR Manager to join our office in Boston which will provide day to day partnership and support for multiple teams and business units across the organization. If you are someone who is a self-starter, has a passion for innovative HR solutions, and has excellent organizational and interpersonal skills - this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Ability to collaborate with senior leadership in designing and facilitating a talent planning process that ensures business continuity and helps to achieve talent goals
- Proficient in assessing and developing competencies and standards for leaders at all levels of the organization and overseeing the delivery of leadership development programs
- Implement Grubhub’s people strategies through the introduction of people development programs and processes that leverage employees’ unique talents and motivate their sustained commitment to Grubhub’s success
- Support Leadership through the introduction of people-first policies and practices (for a team with minimal HR partnership experience)
- Ability to translate business strategies into talent development opportunities through a stable curriculum that will meet Grubhub’s ongoing business needs
- Experience leading large scale cultural change in a highly complex organization undergoing a significant post-merger transformation
- Ability to be comfortable and effective in a fast-paced and solidly matrixed organizational environment that is both consensuses- and mission-driven
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a hands-on manner, adjusting to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise
- Effectively support a team of nondirect reports and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance
You Should Have
- 7+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, preferably in a high growth technology company or true startup environment
- Experience in post-merger integration work - both from a process and culture perspective
- Proven expertise in developing strategic partnerships with senior management and influencing key business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to manage human resources at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Intellectual acumen, sound judgment, professional and personal integrity, initiative and flexibility, combined with solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Assertive, high energy, independent, results-oriented demeanor and a strong drive to succeed
- BA or BS degree required
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.