HR Business Partner
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As an HR Business Partner, you will help us grow and nurture our employee base while maintaining a best in class company culture. Reporting to the Manager, HR Business Partnerships, you will be responsible for acting as a true business partner to Toast's internal departments. In this role, you will bring strong business acumen, cultural awareness, consultative skills, customer service orientation, and functional human resources expertise. You should have proven experience understanding business concepts and aligning business needs with HR support and solutions to move the business ahead in a hyper-growth environment. You should also be able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness to effectively build and sustain strong partnerships with trust and credibility across the business.
What you will do:
- Assist in the development and execution of the talent management processes including quarterly and annual performance reviews and succession planning
- Provide day-to-day guidance to department leadership on coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Analyze employee NPS results and implement programs to improve overall employee satisfaction within different departments
- Provide guidance on Employee Relations matters and conduct investigations, as needed
- Ensure policies, practices and programs are administered in a fair and consistent manner
- Identify and create management and employee training and development programs; Recommend implementation of appropriate program options
- Collaborate with HR team members, manage projects, and provide direction on HR-related programs and practices
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 3 years in a generalist role with strong experience in performance management
- Solid understanding of HR practices, policies, and employment law
- Strong teamwork, communication & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in a high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to show excellent judgment, creative problem-solving, and training/coaching
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field required; HR certification preferred
- Experience working in the Technology industry is a plus
- Great opportunity to join the next big thing
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock options at a well-funded company
- Incredible, super fun company culture!