HR Business Partner
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants to operate more efficiently and to connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success. We move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to become a part of a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow and nurture our employee base while maintaining a best in class company culture.
Reporting to the Manager, HR Business Partnerships, you will be responsible for acting as a true business partner to Toast's internal departments. The ideal candidate will bring strong business acumen, cultural awareness, consultative skills, customer service orientation, and functional human resources expertise. The person in this role should have proven experience understanding business concepts and aligning business needs with HR support and solutions to move the business ahead in a hyper-growth environment. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness to effectively build and sustain strong partnerships with trust and credibility across the business.
In this role you will:
- Assist in the development and execution of the talent management processes including quarterly and annual performance reviews and succession planning
- Provide day-to-day guidance to department leadership on coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Analyze employee NPS results and implement programs to improve overall employee satisfaction within different departments
- Provide guidance on Employee Relations matters and conduct investigations, as needed
- Ensure policies, practices and programs are administered in a fair and consistent manner
- Identify and create management and employee training and development programs; Recommend implementation of appropriate program options
- Collaborate with HR team members, manage projects, and provide direction on HR-related programs and practices
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 3 years in a generalist role with strong experience in performance management
- Solid understanding of HR practices, policies, and employment law
- Strong teamwork, communication & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in a high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to show excellent judgment, creative problem-solving, and training/coaching
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field required; HR certification preferred
- Experience working in the Technology industry is a plus
- Great opportunity to join the next big thing
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock options at a well-funded company
- Incredible, super fun company culture!