• Prior Global Payroll Manager experience with experience launching in international markets
• Ability to deliver under tight deadlines, resourceful and solution-oriented
• Strong knowledge of payroll across US
• Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements governing international payroll
• Exceptional analytical and structured problem solving skills
• Project management experience and meticulous attention to detail
• Experience implementing in leading payroll transformation projects or in leading payroll implementation projects
• Previous experience managing global payrolls, PDOs, etc
About the job
We are looking for a solution-oriented, self-motivated Global Payroll Manager to lead and support Hopper’s fast-paced and global growth. You should be ready to be hands-on and to handle the legalities and logistics of multiple payroll locations while being able to find innovative solutions to complex challenges to the payroll function. The perfect candidate will thrive on making processes more efficient and scalable while ensuring the highest level of quality of our operations to both employees and hiring managers.
- Lead global payroll development and implementation process for new countries or entities
- Research and implement innovative solution to complex payroll challenges and be able to document and communicate the complexity clearly
- Manage the relationship with the external payroll service, as needed
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness of the global payroll services
- Cross-functional collaboration with business partners (legal, finance, etc) for process improvements and efficiencies
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
Base pay range
$90k - $120k
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description