Generalist, People & Culture at Forward Financing
Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing Fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte's Fast 500. Our mission is to be the leading provider of alternative financing solutions to under-served small businesses. We accomplish this by investing in our people, our technology, and our customer experience – with long-term success in mind. We are proud to be named to Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work in 2020.
As a People and Culture Generalist, you’ll play a pivotal role in driving Forward Financing's culture and core values. This is a terrific opportunity for someone with a few years of professional experience who wants to develop a career in People and Culture at a growing company. On a day-to-day basis you’ll support the Senior Manager, P&C on all logistics related to onboarding, performance management & employee engagement in addition to other ad-hoc projects. This role is an integral part of the People & Culture team and will be critical to supporting Forward Financing as we continue to scale.
In this role you will:
- Serve as the primary point person for our HRIS and manage and maintain all employee records - making sure all data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Manage a best-in-class onboarding experience for all new hires reinforcing their decision to join Forward Financing and ensuring they feel welcomed to the team.
- Own all logistics and coordination associated with onboarding including communicating with new hires, managers, and facilitators, scheduling orientation, validating employee paperwork, preparing new hire gifts and materials, and coordinating with hiring managers to create customized onboarding plans.
- Support all logistics and organization associated with the quarterly performance management process.
- Serve as the go-to person for day-to-day HR questions, needs, and inquiries, related to employee verification, benefits, etc, and ensure employee questions and concerns are answered and/or properly routed in a timely manner.
- Manage employee rewards and recognition programs to highlight the impact teams and individuals make across the company.
- Provide key logistical and administrative support for ad-hoc P&C programs ensuring an amazing employee experience.
- Perform critical tasks such as coordinating creative team events to support a remote culture and organizing surprises for birthdays and anniversaries, etc.
- Passionate: You love what you do, and you have a positive attitude. You care about your teammates and the results of your work while demonstrating humility.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately and likes to build strong relationships. Openly listens to learn and shows appreciation for other points of view.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A doer who gets things done
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter who appropriately tackles problems and gets stuff done without the need for constant oversight. Continually seeks additional responsibilities while asking for, and acting on, feedback.
- Collaborative: Approaches work with a “people first” attitude and is a team player. Able to engage in healthy and helpful conflict.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Prioritization: Tackle several projects simultaneously, aligning the order in which you complete with the most pressing need.
- Judgment: Strong business acumen and excellent logic and reasoning skills, ability to exercise great judgment while working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-4 years of professional experience, with at least 1 year of experience in recruiting/L&D/HR coordination, administrative work, project coordination or a similar area.
- Track record of achieving success and hitting professional goals in current and previous positions
- Positive, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Exceptional communicator, able to effectively work with discretion and sensitivity across all levels of the business.
- Comfortable with variety in a role and not afraid to "roll up your sleeves”.
- Personable, warm, approachable, and instill a sense of support.
- Solution-oriented with the ability to build relationships across the company with a team of diverse styles, skill sets, and experience levels.
- HRIS exposure, experience working with performance management software, PPT, Excel.
- Relevant certification such as SHRM, PHR or SPHR.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $750 million in financing to more than 20,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Since 2017, Forward Financing has been named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 90 people, located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program.