Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Manager at Panorama Education
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
Panorama is seeking our first ever Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Manager! We’re an organization committed to attracting and retaining exceptional talent who are dedicated to our mission of improving student outcomes and equity. We aim to set the employee experience bar high by cultivating an outstanding culture that fully maximizes the growth, development and output of all team members and we’re looking for you to help us build that culture!
The goal for our DEI Program Manager is to influence systems, policies, culture and capacity to enable our team to reflect the diversity of the students we serve and model the inclusive and equitable environments we hope to help schools and districts foster in their communities. This role will report to the VP of People and be based in Boston.
In this role you will:
- Lead our cross-functional DEI Working Group: Create overarching DEI strategy, determine priorities, projects, and timelines, and facilitate DEI Working Group meetings
- Take an active role in facilitating and leading groups and events dedicated to building culture around diversity, equity and inclusion (i.e. affinity groups, ERGs, Women in Tech, Black History Month, Pride Month, among others)
- Facilitate discussions, trainings and learning opportunities around DEI for specific functional teams and the company as a whole
- Learn externally from other organizations that are doing great DEI work and bring those practices back to implement at Panorama
- Collaborate with our People & Recruiting teams in growing the diversity of our pipeline with long-term sourcing and networking; participating at external facing events and panels and analyzing our interview funnel through the lens of DEI
- Lead analyses on equity, barrier analysis, focus groups and examine our employee lifecycle through the lens of DEI
This role is for you if:
- You have at least five years of professional work experience, and at least three working on the following: diversity and inclusion, learning and development, talent development or talent acquisition
- You have played a workplace leadership role in DEI with demonstrated results
- You are experienced in designing and scaling DEI initiatives across organizations
- You are an excellent collaborator and project manager with strong data and analytical skills
- You are a natural relationship builder with intuitive interpersonal skills
- You are passionate about making an impact in education and diversity, equity and inclusion and the intersection between the two
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.