Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion HRBP, Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team and role
This is an amazing opportunity for someone to lead Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Drift. You will be an HRBP leader with a focus on Diversity. This role is instrumental to the company and will focus on Diversity Retention, Engagement, Recruiting, and Employee Resource Groups. This role reports to our HRBP Director. At Drift, we aim to be the new face of Corporate America and this individual will be a key asset in achieving that goal. If you want to make a difference, this role is for you!
By month 3 you'll
- Identify gaps within process and programs with retention of underrepresented people
- Begin to work with managers on retention, education, and coaching
- Review our current performance reviews, promotions and identify gaps and focus areas
- Work closely with the Head of Recruiting and Diversity Sourcer on interview practices, strategies, and help identify diverse talent
- Partner with Employment Brand on showcasing internal processes
- Shadow HRBP in management coaching for performance issues
- Partner closely with all Employee Resource Groups and make sure they are enabling Drifters to be successful
By month 6 you'll
- Implement action plan to drive retention among underrepresented people
- Be deeply embedded in HRBP processes such as performance management processes (calibrations, reviews, managing low performers)
- Execute on Diversity Recruiting Training with the Head of Recruiting and Senior Diversity Sourcer
- Ensure all Employee Resource Groups have goals, an executive sponsor, and a way to show participation and measure success and impact
- Be a leader on Internal events to create a culture of inclusion (e.g. internal panels, events, ERG hosted events, how to be an ally resources, etc.)
By 1 year you’ll
- Driver in leadership engagement and participation in programming such as executive sponsors of ERGs, training, role modeling, Diversity principles, and mentorship
- Build, design, and manage new programs and processes across multiple disciplines/teams. Drive improved performance through programmatic solutions such as training and build solutions from scratch and drive progress towards a vision or goal.
- Deeply understand HR and Diversity data insights and use these insights to create recommendations and build solutions to drive impact on key metrics.
- Lead large group trainings, workshops and group discussions on D,E,&I
- Influence across the organization and work with managers 1-on-1, lead presentations and/or discussions at the executive level.
- Handle multiple complex projects at once and communicate progress effectively. Able to evaluate progress, failures, learnings, and adjust approach accordingly.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 7+ years experience as a Human Resources Business Partner or similar role
- 3+ years of experience in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Deep understanding of HR metrics, programs, and processes
- Able to maintain confidentiality, balance business and people priorities, and communicate effectively across levels in an organization
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]