Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program Manager at CarGurus (Cambridge, MA)
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
Over the past several years we have increased our investment and resources in order to further build capacity to ensure we are crafting an environment where everyone has an equitable opportunity to thrive. We are now looking for a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Program Manager to help drive our evolving DEIB strategy and programming efforts forward.What You'll Do:
The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DEIB) Program Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging and support DEIB programs and initiatives across the company.
This role will support our Employee Resource Groups and support our companywide strategic DEIB goals and priorities. You’ll partner closely with employees at every level to build and implement high-impact initiatives that will help make CarGurus a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. You will play a key role in building new processes, tools, and learning to improve and scale our strategic efforts.Responsibilities:Program Execution and Partnerships (50%)
- Manage and provide strategic guidance to Employee Resource Groups and their leaders, including the production of annual business plans, related programming/events, budgets, performance scorecard, data, and reporting
- Lead, collaborate, and support DEIB leaders on DEIB programs and events, from initiation through to execution that aligned to our learning goals and strategy
- Build communication and logistic processes to ensure consistent and transparent communication related to DEIB efforts
- Implement methodologies to evaluate the effectiveness of DEIB programs with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Set up events on GPS, zoom, developing attendance, pulling data reports on events, taking high-level notes for strategic meetings with exec team, consultants, ERGs, and other partner meetings
- Coordinate the logistics of the Global Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) Advisory Team, including meeting coordination, communication, project management and follow up
- Partner with the HR Communications team to plan/write internal and external communications and content related to DEI programs
- Oversee diversity-related budget tracking and expense submissions
- Manage and maintain project plans, meeting notes, status updates, and reports related to the DEIB strategy roadmap
- Provide support for the development and analysis of internal surveys and feedback on key DEIB strategy achievements and indicators
- You have experience in the DEIB space and the ability to assess gaps, coach leaders, and measure progress, and a passion to promote significant, long-lasting change
- Experience designing and leading DEIB programs and influencing large cross-functional teams.
- Adept at implementing both short-term and long-term projects simultaneously, with attention to detail and organization.
- Strong logistics, program, and project management skills, and ability to operationalize and scale programs.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, and compelling storytelling abilities to drive communities of people to act and engage in DEIB at CG
- Ability to identify the root causes of problems through an expanded, comprehensive view and long-term perspective
- Global-first experience when rolling out initiatives
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.