Director, Talent Development & Learning (Corporate) at Agero + Swoop
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 45 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 115 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
Many of the most recognized automotive and insurance brands in North America trust us to take care of their customers in their moment of need. Agero’s Customer Care Centers touch millions of our clients’ end-customers every year. We ensure that customers have a great experience with Agero, and by extension, help build our clients’ brand and ongoing relationship with their customers.
The Director, Talent Development and Learning is responsible for building a world class training and development capability for associates, managers and leaders at Agero’s Corporate office, so that they have the skills and knowledge to maximize their performance. This requires partnering with business leaders to assess and align individual development needs to the needs of the business and then executing consistently and exceptionally to meet those needs.
The role is responsible for understanding the current training and development needs of corporate employees, developing and implementing a training strategy and plan, designing and delivering learning and development programs, measuring associate feedback and key metrics to understand impact of training programs, and sustaining a continuous improvement culture to ensure training stays leading edge. In order to do this, the Director will need to build close relationships across the business and HR to ensure sponsorship of key initiatives and tight alignment with business priorities.
Develop and implement a learning strategy and plan
- Conduct a short and long-term needs assessment for Corporate talent to align training strategy to organizational needs
- Build a learning roadmap to execute on that strategy and get alignment from key business leaders and stakeholders
- Develop annual learning calendar with full integration and alignment with overall talent management and development plan for the year
- Encourage continuous feedback and learning to ensure development programs evolve to meet ongoing and changing needs of the organization
Design and deliver management development, leadership development and other skill-based programs for Corporate associates
- Drive program design, including deep understanding of target stakeholder needs, content creation, instructional design and alignment to most effective delivery method
- Drive program delivery, including participant recruitment, program facilitation, cohort and community building
- Ensure flawless delivery of enrollment management and logistics
- Monitor training programs for improvement opportunities, regularly seeking stakeholder feedback, and revise and update programs accordingly
Develop and maintain learning approaches and best practices
- Stay abreast of learning and development trends and technology
- Create pilot approach for introducing new programs
- Monitor training effectiveness and impact of programs; design and develop training metrics, including course evaluations and impact on participant ongoing performance and engagement
- Continuously enhance training delivery methods to create compelling and engaging learning experiences
Develop learning management strategy and content
- Identify content that best enables improved individual and organizational performance
- Research and identify sources of educational and informational content
- Build and maintain library and links to information for easy, ongoing access by associates
- Serve as a resource to the business to proactively identify external training opportunities to meet specific business or functional requirements when an internal solution in unavailable or impractical
- Collaborate with other business and HR areas that manage key knowledge management assets to ensure a coherent and coordinated approach
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Education and certifications in learning related fields
- 10+ years of Talent Development or Learning and Development experience.
- Experience building and delivering management development, leadership development and employee development programs and curriculum
- Background in adult learning theory, learning technology, instructional design, learning methods, training delivery and evaluation
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Technical Knowledge- Strong knowledge of instructional design, assessment tools, adult learning theory, and evaluation techniques as well as variety of learning designs, approaches, platforms, tools, applications and visual graphics. Knowledge of learning technologies and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Learning Delivery– Outstanding facilitation, presentation and training delivery skills; executive presence
- Customer Focus– Strong customer and service orientation; excellent relationship building, interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Drive for Results– Strong planning, project management and organizational skills, with flexibility to adjust as needed; strong accountability and ownership of deliverables and measurable outcomes; ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork and Collaboration – Thought partnership with organizational awareness and understanding, ability to partner with multiple levels of the organization.
- Positive, Can-do Attitude- energetic, enthusiastic, determined, and committed to high quality work
- Thought Leadership– Business acumen, strategic thinking, creativity, analytic and problem-solving ability
- Works independently and as part of a team. Works closely with core customers (leaders, managers & employees), VP Talent Management, Talent Management team and overall HR organization.
Agero’s mission is to safeguard consumers on the road through a unique combination of platform intelligence and human powered solutions, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their drivers. We are a leading provider of driving solutions, including roadside assistance, accident management, consumer affairs and telematics. The company protects 115 million vehicles in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and other diversified clients. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to more than 12 million requests annually for assistance. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com and follow on Twitter @AgeroNews.