Director of People Operations at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Our People Operations team is the heartbeat of our People function, enabling processes and programs that support onboarding, employment changes, planning cycles and so much more! As the leader of this growing function, the Director People Operations brings the vision for outstanding operational processes, sets the bar for service and delivery levels, and manages the People Operations team.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Provide leadership to the People Operations team. Hire qualified team members, establish effective training programs and monitor team performance. Set priorities, provide guidance and feedback on progress and foster team career growth. Work with team members to deliver on the People Operations team responsibilities described below.
- Design, manage and administer People team operational processes that support Toast’s business needs. Collaborate cross-functionally to develop or update processes, as needed, to ensure they are effective, efficient, and scale as Toast grows.
- Continue to evolve the People operational support model as the organization grows and matures, establishing plans for expanded service offerings and support across multiple countries.
- Work with the team to develop clear instructions and tools that help all stakeholders understand how to access and use People team services.
- Manage team delivery of support to active and former employees who have questions about People programs or requests for employment-related actions. Manage the ServiceNow process for People programs and process questions. Ensure the People Operations team is trained to answer questions and escalate complex or specialized questions, as needed.
- Collaborate with the HR Systems team to ensure People processes are well-designed and developed in tandem with the HR systems that support them. Ensure People Operations team members are trained to use Workday and can effectively support assigned Workday processes.
- Manage foundational HR operational compliance delivery including but not limited to collection and maintenance of I-9s, annual compliance training, updates to site employment law posters and filing of EEO-1 reports.
- Provide oversight to Toast’s global mobility function. Support the development of effective programs, guidelines and operational processes for work visa administration, relocation, PEO management and cross-border work assignments.
- Ensure Toast maintains secure, compliant and accessible employee records. Establish record keeping policies, audit processes, and select systems for storage of electronic records. Ensure the People Operations team is trained to manage records securely and in compliance with all laws including GDPR.
- Facilitate cross-team planning for performance, compensation, talent and other cycles. Work with the People Success function to develop cross-team cycle calendars and ensure cross-functional cycle planning is on track.
- Participate as a team member on due diligence and integration planning teams to ensure effective onboarding of employees who join Toast via acquisition.
- Participate in other cross-functional projects and initiatives, as needed.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- At least ten years related work experience including five years managing an HR operational service delivery function.
- Demonstrated ability to understand stakeholder needs and develop effective services and processes in response.
- Experience working within an HR function along with knowledge of employment laws and compliance. Prior experience delivering HR services in a Workday-supported environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and measure team effectiveness and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional and team-oriented environment that is dynamic and subject to rapid change.
- Strong project management and prioritization skills that enable effective management of multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in a related field is a plus.
Our Spread of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.