PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact. We are committed to being a destination of choice for diverse top talent.
Director, People Operations & Culture is a newly-established position that reports to the Chief People Officer, and works closely with all other members of the People team (Talent Acquisition, Talent Development and People Strategy & Business Partnering), and key leaders across PathAI to design and deliver effective People solutions. This person will own responsibility for all People Operations and Culture efforts -- the entire employee experience from on-boarding, benefits, immigration, DEI, community- and culture-building-- for a fast-growing company with a diverse employee population residing and working in multiple geographies.
*This role will be based out of our Boston office
- Lead, mentor and oversee professional development for all members of PathAI’s People Operations and Culture teams
- Co-lead the development of strategies to refine and widely communicate the company’s unique core culture (defined by its mission, vision and leadership competencies)
- Drive execution of regular culture- and community-building initiatives across the company
- Lead regular re-design and execution of engaging on-boarding experience to ensure new joiners are set up for success at PathAI in week one
- Co-lead the annual setting of ambitious diversity, equity and inclusion goals and design and drive execution of core strategies to achieve them
- Support the implementation of regular performance management systems and drive execution of any resulting role changes
- Own HR compliance oversight, managing and collaborating with key team leads and working with outside counsel to ensure ongoing compliance and support of immigration submissions
- Partnering with Finance, lead PathAI’s benefits, compensation and total rewards strategy and own its implementation, including managing any outside vendors/brokers, and ensure compliance with pay equity laws and regulations
- Oversee existing people systems (Lattice, ADP), develop framework for potential HRIS approach over time
- Lead the development of - and regular sharing of - key performance metrics from People analytics and reporting, and design strategies to improve key metrics
- Work closely with business leaders to understand their organizations and to proactively provide suggestions to support key drivers of employee engagement & experience while reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- 8+ years of experience working in People-focused roles (ideally across more than one sub-function (e.g, Recruiting, Learning, Leadership Development, Org Design, People Ops, HRBP, HR) within a lean, fast-paced work environment
- At least 4 years of experience managing and leading a team
- Experience working in technology, biotech or healthcare industries preferred but not required
- PHR or SHRM certification, and knowledge of immigration law and processes preferred
- Strategic thinker who can quickly identify key issues, working with limited/ambiguous data, and evaluate potential solutions
- An ability to easily build trust-based relationships with employees at all levels/units across the organization
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics, with varying levels of guidance -- and a willingness to flexibly play a wide variety of roles as situations require
- Strong moral compass and sound judgment
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing teams in a high-growth environment
- Commitment to coaching, creating opportunities and skill-building of team members
- Passionate about helping others develop and become their best selves
- Able to manage deadlines and competing priorities, moving with urgency and focus
- Facility and interest in utilizing people analytics & people systems to track progress, glean insights and make improvements.
- Expert listening and overall communications skills
- Strong moral compass, personal empathy & concern for others
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.