Think Bigger. Build Smarter. Create Great Software.
SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the world’s best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the ride you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a business’ ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
Due to massive growth and market success, SmartBear is continuing to hire employees rapidly to scale our company globally. We are looking for a vibrant and energetic Diversity and Inclusion leader to play a vital role for SmartBear. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this leader will create a strategic and innovative DE&I plan to ensure our workplace is representative of the communities and customers we serve and that the environment is inclusive for all.
This role is integral to our commitment to progress and develop global diversity and inclusion within our workplace. Our ideal candidate must lead through influence to drive cultural and behavioral change and advancement of an inclusive culture. This role requires excellent change management skills and the ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. The Director of Diversity and Inclusion will be the subject matter expert and work collaboratively with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (and with our leadership team). Working with the business and HR broadly they will assess, determine and implement detailed and cohesive actions plan that aligns with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee’s strategic plans to yield measurable progress in specific areas, including but not limited to: Talent Acquisition, Manager Training, Culture Committee, Employee Branding and Retention, etc.
- Develops and delivers tailored best in class worldwide inclusion and diversity roadmap that aligns with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee’s strategic plan and that positively and measurably affects the culture and team, experience in support of the company’s strategic business goals.
- Energizes and engages cross-functional teams to achieve our vision, demonstrating a high-level of emotional intelligence, openness to change, and the willingness to merge ideas to bring forward the best solutions.
- Provides expertise, thought leadership and best practices to D&I issues and opportunities, while operating as an extension of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee to align the Employee Brand.
- Collaborates with our communications team as an external spokesperson for the company, depicting with openness our efforts to be a positive force in the communities we serve
- Deliver a comprehensive plan for key priorities and interventions including increasing diversity representation within the leadership pipeline and delivering world class inclusion campaigns that deliver measurable progress on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Act as the D&I subject matter expert, ensuring knowledge is relevant and up to date across multiple diversity and inclusion strands.
- Work in collaboration with executive leaders, HR leadership, talent acquisition, and others on identifying and minimizing the impact of any potential systematic barriers and enablers of diversity.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources at a global organization, delivering inclusion and diversity projects.
- Ability to develop, analyze, and interpret data to drive systematic change and improvements
- Strong understanding of the talent process and succession practices.
- Proven ability to interact with multiple levels of leadership both internally and externally, and influence peers and senior management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills- written and verbal; ability to present to and facilitate audiences at all levels.
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.