Compensation Director at DraftKings
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, May 6, 2020
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
We are seeking an experienced Compensation Director who will be responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the global organization's broad-based and executive compensation programs. This includes base pay, incentive pay, and equity programs. The Compensation Director will work with senior leadership to ensure that DraftKings’ compensation strategy and programs support our business objectives.
What you’ll do as a Compensation Director:
- Designs and develops competitive base and variable pay structures and policies; ensures alignment to our benchmarking methodology and overall compensation strategy.
- Provides strategic direction for the communication and education of compensation philosophy, programs, and policies across the company.
- Oversees the annual compensation planning program and related work streams including the design, resource allocation, project management, and communication planning. Collaborates with cross-functional areas such as People Operations and Talent Management.
- Plays a key role in supporting executive compensation and sales incentive support.
- Administers the company’s equity plan ensuring it coordinates with the overall compensation goals.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of compensation strategy and programs through data-based insights. Develops metrics/measurements in partnership with our talent analytics team; regularly analyzes trends to inform effectiveness, identify opportunities, and guide decision-making.
- Researches new trends and industry best practices; recommends revisions as well as new programs and practices
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; CCP certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in compensation.
- Experience managing global compensation programs required.
- Equity compensation and program administration experience.
- In-depth domain knowledge and demonstrated experience in job evaluation, job architecture, market pricing, benchmarking, salary structure design and development, pay for performance, incentive compensation required.
- Strong compensation consultation and partnership skills; ability to build solid collaborative cross-functional relationships. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
Read Full Job Description