Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are looking for a Community Manager to join our growing Learning & Knowledge Management (LKM) team. The LKM team, part of our Engineering organization, leads knowledge management for the entire company, as well as technical training and development for our Engineering organization. The Community Manager will work with colleagues across the company to capture and organize their knowledge in our rapidly growing Confluence wiki so others can easily find and understand it. With this comes training new employees how to use our wiki, fielding questions, consulting with teams to capture and improve their content, advertising wiki wins and best practices, monitoring wiki health, and acting on collected data in the strive for continuous improvement.
If you are an innovative, self-starter with a bias for action, along with a passion for all-things knowledge management, including content creation and organization, training, and community building, then this role may be right for you.
Your Day Might Include:
- Collaborating with others to document, organize and socialize their team’s knowledge
- Monitoring changes to the wiki and identifying opportunities to educate authors and improve the content
- Facilitating training classes on how to use our wiki
- Communicating with our contributor community by writing blogs, creating podcasts, and leveraging our internal communications channels
- Analyzing wiki health data to identify future opportunities to continue to grow our culture of knowledge sharing across the company
Who You Are:
- You have experience in knowledge management, technical writing, marketing, internal communications, or other related field
- You have exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- You have a bias for action and are driven to execute projects in a timely fashion
- You have a thirst for innovation and leveraging data to drive improvements
- You are hungry to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues across the company
If you work best when someone assigns you discrete tasks, then this role probably isn’t for you. We’re looking for a driven and innovative individual who can manage and grow our wiki community and identify where they can add value through collaboration and data analysis.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.