At edX, a Cambridge-based non-profit, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to fulfilling careers and lifelong success. Today, edX provides more than 26 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and UC Berkeley. edX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income, worldwide.
edX is growing and we are looking for a Benefits Administrator to join our People team! This is a cross-functional role where you will partner closely with our HR, Talent, IT, Legal and Finance departments, and interact with employees at every level. You will have the opportunity to lead company wide communication and administration of our benefits package. Oh, and no big deal, but you’ll play a leading role in implementing our new HCM system!
- Assists with the launch of our new benefits package in 2021, including the implementation of a HCM system.
- Coordinates all benefit enrollments, terminations, and post-employment benefit offerings.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on edX benefits, responding to all benefits inquiries on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general questions.
- Facilitates the benefits orientation.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes due to life events.
- Maintains the benefits information on the company intranet site and benefit enrollment portal.
- Assists with company-wide benefits communications and the annual open enrollment process.
- Partners with edX’s outside vendor to coordinate employee LOAs and disability claims, processing approved requests.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to LOAs/disabilities.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries relating to enrollments and plan changes, triaging to Finance or 401(k) provider as necessary.
- Assists with company wellness initiatives and communications.
- Performs regular quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Sends file feeds to vendors as needed and maintains deduction information in HRIS system.
- Assists with other HR projects as needed such as edX Cares, HR research, program and process improvements, etc.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in HR, benefits administration or related functions
- Working knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws such as COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, IRS regulations and benefits-related national and state specific laws
- Technical experience with HRIS, HCM and benefit enrollment platforms (Ceridian Dayforce preferred).
- Attention to detail with strong analytical and communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills and experience working with large data sets utilizing Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with tight deadlines
- Ability to exercise judgment and to make decisions independently
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- 2-3 years of experience in HR and/or benefits administration
Due to Covid-19, all edX employees will work remotely until September 8, 2020 (at a minimum). We continue to revisit the return-to-office date on a regular basis. Once the office re-opens, applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA HQ. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.