Associate Director, Compensation
Chewy is looking for an Associate Director, Compensation to join our Total Rewards Team. The position will be based in Boston, Massachusetts. Reporting to the Head of Total Rewards, the Associate Director, Compensation is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and functional compensation expertise for Chewy’s corporate and customer service center employees. This role is also responsible for compensation communications, and compliance, and will partner with the Total Rewards Lead in setting the strategy and philosophy for total compensation strategy across the organization.
What you'll do:
- Works closely with the Senior Director, Total Rewards and Director of Executive Compensation to develop and implement a compensation strategy that is internally and externally market relevant.
- Partner with HR team and business leaders to benchmark roles and establish compensation plans, structures, and program elements.
- Manage short term incentive plan for supported population inclusive of documentation, internal controls, administration, and reporting.
- Provide consultation on compensation matters related to new hire packages, promotions, and off-cycle requests.
- Develop and administer cyclical and off-cycle compensation review process for supported population.
- Set strategy and create all employee facing compensation-related communications including plan documents, statements, and trainings.
- Work with compliance to maintain current and set up newly required internal controls. Point of contact for all team audits.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in HR, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline.
- Master’s degree and/or compensation certification a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in compensation, with at least 3 years in a managerial role.
- Demonstrated strong communication and influencing skills evidenced through experience partnering with senior level executives across HR, Finance, Legal, and the C-suite to implement new plans and/or changes to existing plans.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert in compensation principles, practices, and related corporate governance.
- Experience supporting corporate infrastructure business units and/or customer service populations preferred.
- Position may require travel.