Hardware Product Technician
As a technician, you participate in the development, analysis, and prototyping of new hardware products at Toast. You’ll work in a product oriented development environment and collaborate with engineers, product managers and outside sources to fabricate, build, test, troubleshoot and perform failure analysis on new and existing hardware products at Toast.
We are in a very competitive field so we need to move quickly. You’ll need to have a solid mechanical and electrical background, and love to work with your hands. You will be expected to work closely with cross functional teams in operations, product development, and product management in the development and support of the hardware we provide to our customers. We empower small teams to do a lot in a start-up work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricate and modify prototype mechanical parts using hand tools and manual methods.
- Assemble and disassemble Android devices.
- Conduct reliability testing (drop, cycling, environmental, etc) on components and products.
- Work with the HW engineering development team on system bring up, and system design validation.
- Work closely with ME’s and EE’s in hardware development.
- Support the team in debug, troubleshooting, and failure analysis investigations on android devices.
- Create various types of technical reports on data measured and failures identified.
- Visually inspect hardware devices for cosmetic and functional defects.
- Evaluate products returned by customers for root cause.
- Measure electrical performance properties of Android devices.
- Perform benchmark testing of Android devices comparing performance parameters.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience with working on Android based devices.
- Demonstrated excellence collaborating skills across all members of project teams
- Excellent teamwork, prioritization, multitasking, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience with electronic products.
- Knowledge of the POS industry.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: mobile device system design, wifi testing, camera testing, sensor testing and high-speed signal testing.