The Associate Actuary, General provides actuarial support across a broad range of actuarial and business needs for specific product lines. The Associate Actuary, General work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Associate Actuary, General may be responsible for any combination of valuation, pricing, analytics, forecasting, risk, compliance, and operations. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Wellness Pricing and Product strategy
- Manage the Financial Reserves Application for Go365 Wellness Rewards program
- Quantify impact of Go365 products on member health and well-being, and identify areas to improve outcomes
- Partner with actuarial, clinical, finance, marketing, and operations to improve Wellness product strategy, and health and workplace productivity outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation
- Meets eligibility requirements for Humana's Actuarial Professional Development Program (APDP)
- Strong communication
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master’s degree – Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Actuarial Science, Data Science in a health or loyalty rewards related field
- Demonstrable expertise in Python or R, SQL, and SAS.
- Experience with Pricing and Reserve applications in healthcare or loyalty rewards program, causal inference, or time-series analysis.
- Experience designing and building reproducible code for model training, evaluation, and interpretation