Vice President, Tax
What you’ll do as a VP of Tax:
- Effectively communicate tax objectives, developments and strategies to company leadership.
- Oversee all tax compliance and related research, including approval of 3rd party work product.
- Actively partner with Tech operations to upgrade customer tax reporting and related processes.
- Draft tax provisions, memos, and footnotes in connection with the company’s quarterly financial statements.
- Manage the company’s worldwide effective tax rate and related objectives.
- Scale and automate the Company’s banking operations, including 3rd party integrations.
- Oversee all tax audits and examinations, including escheatment reviews, partnering with compliance and legal.
- Maximize return on investment for cash while minimizing leakage and negative FX impacts.
- Introduce and maintain robust detective and preventive controls for tax and treasury re. SOX 404.
- Maintain in-depth, current knowledge of U.S. tax developments impacting the Company.
- Properly allocate resources to support tax directives and strategies.
- Support cross-functional objectives for SARS, Section 125, FACTA, FINCEN and AML.
What skills you will use:
- You have at least 8 years technical experience via a combination of Public Accounting, Law & in-house Law positions.
- 8 years of leadership responsibilities in a treasury / tax department within a global, publicly traded company, including 4 years serving as Department head.
- CPA and either an MST or JD.
- 3+ years’ international experience including but not limited to GILTI, BEAT, CFC, Transfer pricing, Intellectual property, Indirect taxation and related areas.
- Extensive knowledge of IRC with practical experiences relevant to our business.
- Familiarity with EU and other international tax requirements.
- Ability to influence decision-making at all levels of management.
- Experience working for a large Technology company is a plus.
- Experience implementing repeatable, competitive, low-risk strategies on balances > $500M w/ tier1 partners.
- Cleanly processing > $3B in treasury transactions per annum.
- Repatriation strategies and protocols, including required withholdings/reporting.
- Treasury controls and COSO framework for SOX 404b, AML, FINCEN, FACTA and similar.
- Experience expanding the depth and scope of banking partners on a compressed timeline.