Vice President, Tax & Treasury at DraftKings
What you’ll do as a Vice President, Tax & Treasury:
- Effectively communicate tax objectives, developments and strategies to company leadership.
- Oversee all tax compliance and related research, including approval of 3rd party work product.
- Actively partner with Tech operations to upgrade customer tax reporting and related processes.
- Draft tax provisions, memos, and footnotes in connection with the company’s quarterly financial statements.
- Manage the company’s worldwide effective tax rate and related objectives.
- Scale and automate the Company’s banking operations, including 3rd party integrations.
- Oversee all tax audits and examinations, including escheatment reviews, partnering with compliance and legal.
- Maximize return on investment for cash while minimizing leakage and negative FX impacts.
- Introduce and maintain robust detective and preventive controls for tax and treasury re. SOX 404.
- Maintain in-depth, current knowledge of U.S. tax developments impacting the Company.
- Properly allocate resources to support tax directives and strategies.
- Support cross-functional objectives for SARS, Section 125, FACTA, FINCEN and AML.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of 8 years of technical experience encompassing a combination of Public Accounting, Law & in-house Law positions is required
- A minimum of 6 years of leadership responsibilities in a treasury/tax department, including 4 years serving as a department head is required
- Experience within a global, publicly traded company is required
- A minimum of 3 years international (EU and other international tax requirements) experience including but not limited to GILTI, BEAT, CFC, Transfer pricing, Intellectual property and Indirect taxation is required
- CPA and either an MST and/or JD is required
- Extensive knowledge of IRC is required, with practical experiences relevant to our business preferred
- Experience working in a technology company is preferred
- Experience implementing repeatable, competitive and low-risk strategies on balances, equal to or greater than, $500M is required
- Experience processing treasury transactions equal to or greater than greater than $3B in a fiscal year is required
- Experience with repatriation strategies and protocols, including required withholding's/reporting, is required
- Experience with treasury controls and COSO framework for SOX 404b, AML, FINCEN and FACTA is required