Toast Capital Operations Specialist at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet-based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
Toast Capital is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toast, Inc. that offers Toast restaurant customers fast and flexible financing for any business need. The Toast Capital team is seeking a highly-motivated Financial Services Specialist who will play an active role in originating transactions. The role entails working directly with customers to convert eligible restaurants into Toast Capital customers. The Specialist will build relationships with Toast customers to promote the financial offering, process credit applications, and facilitate underwriting. In addition, the specialist will provide servicing support to a growing portfolio of Toast Capital customers. In this role, you will be an ambassador of the Toast Capital brand and proliferate Toast Capital’s goal to empower restaurants financially to thrive and do what they love. This individual’s efforts will have a significant impact on the long-term success of a rapidly growing product for Toast. The ideal candidate will have experience in a financial institution with significant attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Effectively manage customer relationships to ensure that restaurants interested in financial solutions convert to Toast Capital customers
- Conduct due diligence/underwriting calls with customers and effectively summarize transaction risks for the Toast Capital Credit Committee
- Address customer questions, concerns, and inquiries related to potential or outstanding transactions
- Track and report performance metrics to enhance Toast Capital NPS and maintain portfolio quality
- Assist with process improvement initiatives for Toast Capital operations
- Develop cross-functional relationships with teams across the Toast organization, including regular interaction with the Credit Committee and Credit Risk Strategist
- 1-2 years of relevant commercial credit or loan processing experience
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and strong attention to detail
- Highly organized, self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable
- Analytical mindset and creative problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service-orientation
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Excel skills helpful