Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never hear of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you. We set a high bar, but if working with the best and brightest, at the epicenter of a transformational technology wave, consider Interactions.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a Technical Accountant, who is responsible for assisting the Corporate Controller on technical accounting matters, assisting with the monthly close process including invoicing, the preparation of monthly journal entries, financial statements, monthly account reconciliations and tax reporting. The Technical Accountant is also responsible for preparing monthly management reports and assisting in analyzing and reconciling balance sheet and income statement accounts to begin laying the foundation for Management Discussions & Analysis reporting.
- Research, review and interpret technical accounting guidance, and with support from the Controller apply the guidance to Interactions business. Specific technical accounting matters will include Revenue Recognition, Leases and Equity Accounting.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements by researching and analyzing information from the general ledger system.
- Prepare monthly management reporting including balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cash flows and other budget to actual reports.
- Prepare investor level commentary on the results of operations, balance sheet and cash flows.
- Prepare and reconcile key balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Assist with tax compliance.
- Assist management on non-routine projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Public Accounting experience.
- Minimum of four years relevant experience.
- Excellent computer skills. (Excel, Word, QuickBooks)
- Exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Advanced MS Excel expertise.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills; accuracy is essential.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Small company/start-up experience highly desired.