Tax Senior, Indirect Tax at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:07 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, February 8, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
- Assist & oversee the US / CAN indirect tax process (tax filing calendars, preparation of workpapers, return filing, payments)
- Manage & upgrade processes for collecting resale/exemption certificates
- Assist with audit defense (US / CAN taxes)
- Reconciliations of indirect tax accounts, and preparation of indirect tax journal entries where required
- Documenting, responding to tax notices & corresponding with state authorities to ensure good standings
- Maintain product taxability & coding throughout all selling channels (Amz, Walmart, Ebay, Shopify, etc)
- Ability to work & communicate with various departments to ensure all sales channels are properly onboarded from a tax perspective (new deals)
- Research new sales & use tax laws and regulations
- Organize audit work papers and fulfill data requests of external auditors
- Assist managers with special projects
What you bring to the party
- 3 - 5 years' experience in state and local indirect tax (CAN experience preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar area
- Strong MS Office, particularly Excel, & G-Suite skills are required
- Familiarity of transaction tax technologies (Taxjar, Avalara, Sovos, Vertex) is a plus
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to deliver timely, accurate results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to come up with novel ideas and approaches that set us up for exceptional performance and efficiency
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.