Tax Onboarding Specialist - Payroll at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Tax Onboarding Specialist plays a critical role in helping customers make the switch onto the Toast Payroll platform. Individuals in this role use their skills with data and specialized payroll tax expertise to ensure that our new customers experience a seamless, simple, and accurate first payroll and tax filing experience.
The Tax Onboarding Specialist’s main duties include the transfer and validation of employee and pay data from a customer’s previous payroll provider onto the Toast Platform. Individuals in this role will work closely with Onboarding Consultants to coordinate the extraction & import of customer data at various points of a customer’s Onboarding Journey. Tax Onboarding Specialists will need to validate the results of data imports against provided tax returns, investigate and resolve any discovered discrepancies, and conduct audits to ensure that each customer’s first payroll experience will be smooth and error-free.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Extract, manipulate, and import payroll and demographic data from legacy payroll providers
- Validate payroll and tax information between legacy system to Toast system
- Research and update data inconsistencies between two systems
- Setup new customers in our Tax Software to enable tax payment and filing
- Resolve complex payroll system and tax issues
- Complete projects with a high level of reliability and accuracy
- Autonomously and reliably manage projects and deadlines
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 1-2 years of experience in a data focused role
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (VLookups, Pivot Tables, Formulas)
- Detail oriented and process obsessed
- Robust critical thinking and analytical skills
- Able to handle confidential/sensitive information
- Comfortable with ambiguity and operating independently
- Bright, self-starter with a growth mindset
- Ability to work flexible hours during busiest time of year
- Knowledge of payroll processes, taxes, or previous POS/Payroll experience is a plus
- Strong values and high personal integrity
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.