PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Together both our biopharma and diagnostics divisions aim to provide substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer. Rigorous science and careful analysis are critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprised of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
Come join PathAI and play a meaningful role in our rapidly finance team. As a Tax Manager, reporting to our Assistance Controller, you will head the preparation of our tax provision and manage federal and state income tax compliance. You will also assist on various tax projects, such as R&D credits, and sales and use tax.
What you’ll do:
- Together with external support, manage the preparation of C corporation consolidated federal and state income tax returns
- Manage all sales and use tax process and return filing
- Identify, design, and implement any procedures related to state tax savings opportunities
- Assist with the preparation and review of US GAAP annual tax provision which includes deferred tax and payable reconciliations, tax accounts roll-forward and return-to-provision true-up.
- Manage all IRS and state tax communications
- Design, implementation and ownership of Federal and State R&D Credit internal process (prior years completed externally)
- Research various tax issues and advise on tax implications of business transactions
- Assist with design and compliance of key SOX controls related to US tax accounting.
- Keep up to date with tax legislation, SEC Regulations, and US GAAP changes
What you’ll need
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to help make strategic decisions
- 5+ years experience in a Big 4 and/or a publicly traded US multinational company focused on corporate income tax
- Proven understanding of accounting for income tax (ASC 740)
- Experience in financial statement and tax authority audits
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain difficult tax technical concepts to non-tax audience
- Consistent track record of balancing multiple projects and priorities
- Self-starter with drive and a team-player
- Ability to accurately identify problems and apply efficient problem-solving skills to drive resolution
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.