Strategy and Operations Lead / Senior Lead at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for an analytical, technical, and motivated team player to bring our Finance and Business Services teams’ top strategic and operational objectives to life. In this role, you will be working with business leaders and collaborating with our Business Systems team by utilizing your technical expertise and business insights. You will work closely with our Finance and Business Services teams to plan, design and build optimal solutions for our systems and applications. This includes managing the delivery of the solutions to ensure that they are executed with high quality, and that they drive meaningful improvement in customer and internal team experience. As an expert on how data flows in our system, you will articulate solutions that are simple and scalable, and will support your team and manager to enable our team's systems portfolio to become a trusted partner to your stakeholders.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work with a group of cross-functional business stakeholders to understand their goals and operational requirements
- Estimate impact of initiatives to help drive prioritization across our backlog
- Support intake process for requests from user groups and help prioritize requests into project roadmap or implementation sprints
- Partner with business stakeholders to gather requirements and collaborate with IT team members (where applicable) to identify and document system solutions
- Work hands-on in systems to triage and resolve production support issues and implement minor enhancement requests
- Manage QA and testing of custom deployments to and upgrades in these environments.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the internal operations and data teams on how different pieces of information are collected and used
- Regularly report out on project/program status
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 4+ years of finance operations, revenue operations, product management, technology consulting, or other equivalent experience.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, CPQ, Netsuite, and DocuSign highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience of solving complex problems using a data-driven approach
- Demonstrated experience in improving processes to drive efficiency
- Experience in managing projects from conception to delivery
- Strong working knowledge of the overlap between operations and systems
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions, and team results.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required