Strategic Finance Associate
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready to make a change?:
We’re seeking a Strategic Finance Associate who will support broad initiatives including business forecasting, investor and board reporting, and strategic initiatives. The Finance & Strategy team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to impact strategic decision making in a hyper-growth environment at scale.
About this roll*:
- Support strategic decision-making through analysis, with a focus on financial planning, business partnering to distill key financial insights into usable data for cross-functional teams, and collaborating with cross-functional leaders on strategic project execution
- Build sophisticated financial models and synthesize outputs into concise presentations to drive executive and board decision making processes
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Develop sustainable and rigorous processes for ongoing financial reporting and review
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by developing a deep understanding of Toast’s business model, including economics, product and market strategies, competitive context, and internal processes
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA is a plus
- 2-6 years of experience in a combination of financial planning and analysis, corporate finance, investment banking or private equity
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Effective project and process management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment while maintaining high standards of work quality
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R is helpful
*Bread puns encouraged but not required