Strategic Finance Associate
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We’re seeking a Strategic Finance Associate who will support broad initiatives including business forecasting, investor and board reporting, and strategic initiatives. The Finance & Strategy team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to impact strategic decision making in a hyper-growth environment at scale.
What you will do:
- Support strategic decision-making through analysis, with a focus on financial planning, business partnering to distill key financial insights into usable data for cross-functional teams, and collaborating with cross-functional leaders on strategic project execution
- Build sophisticated financial models and synthesize outputs into concise presentations to drive executive and board decision making processes
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Develop sustainable and rigorous processes for ongoing financial reporting and review
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by developing a deep understanding of Toast’s business model, including economics, product and market strategies, competitive context, and internal processes
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA is a plus
- 2-6 years of experience in a combination of financial planning and analysis, corporate finance, investment banking or private equity
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Effective project and process management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment while maintaining high standards of work quality
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R is helpful