Strategic Finance Associate / Manager
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic decision-making across the company. We’re seeking an Associate / Manager who will support broad initiatives including M&A and partnership evaluation, corporate strategy, capital raising, investor relations, and strategic projects. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
What you will do:
- Support strategic decision-making through analysis, with a focus on capital allocation and scenario planning
- Build sophisticated financial models and synthesize outputs into concise presentations to drive executive and board decision making processes
- Play a key role in M&A, corporate strategy, capital raising, and investor relations processes
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by developing a deep understanding of Toast’s business model, including product and market strategies, competitive context, and internal processes
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 – 6 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or management consulting
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Effective communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R