Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Revenue Accountant will report to the Assistant Accounting Manager and is responsible for understanding data flows between internal systems and their overall impact on the financial statements. We are looking for an experienced individual who can help us work through complex transactions on a monthly basis with a strong ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and ensure a timely close process. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires problem solving and active collaboration across teams.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Ensure that CRM billing data and General Ledger data are aligned.
- Perform month-end processes and reconciliations for Revenue, Deferred Revenue, and A/R accounts on a timely basis.
- Assists with the maintenance of the revenue module and its setup in the General Ledger, ensuring that revenue is properly accounted for.
- Actively involved in the ongoing compliance with ASC 606, including the use of RevPro and the Advanced Revenue Module in Netsuite.
- Assist in providing audit support for revenue related transactions.
- Collaborate with systems and operations teams to build and implement new accounting and operational procedures while enhancing existing processes.
- Support various special projects and ad hoc tasks as necessary.
- Maintain and update internal documentation for processes.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2+ years experience in revenue accounting or equivalent, some from a “Big 4” or “Top 10” accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Netsuite, Salesforce, and RevPro experience preferred, but not required
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, ASC 606 in particular
- Goal oriented personality capable of multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
*Bread puns encouraged but not required