Staff Accountant at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Our team is searching for a hardworking and committed Staff Accountant to join our growing Accounting team. We are looking for a motivated individual who can help us work through complex transactions on a monthly basis with a strong ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and ensure a timely close process. This is a challenging role that requires problem solving and active collaboration across teams.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Assist in month-end close activities, including account reconciliations as part of the month-end close process, and booking journal entries.
- Help build scalable accounting processes to support growth within the Toast organization.
- Partner with systems and operations teams to support internal financial systems and automation.
- Support various special projects and ad hoc tasks as necessary.
- Maintain and update internal documentation for processes.
- Support, adhere to, and help maintain strong internal control policies and procedures.
- Assist in cross-functional initiatives and communicate progress effectively.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2+ years experience in accounting or equivalent, some from a “Big 4” or “Top 10” accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in the monthly close process
- Netsuite experience preferred, but not required
- Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of Excel
- Goal oriented personality capable of multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.