Staff Accountant at NutraClick
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:43 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, June 18, 2020
The Staff Accountant will be a key hire in the process of building a strong, knowledgeable, service oriented accounting team. This person will work closely with the Accounting Manager and VP of Finance in developing the proper internal controls and educating colleagues of procedures necessary to foster a rapidly growing company. Duties and responsibilities will cover the full accounting cycle including - Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Credit and Collections, Inventory Costing and Control, Fixed Assets, General Accounting, Intercompany Accounting, Financial Reporting, and assisting with workflow designs to automate and streamline accounting workflow processes.
The candidate should be a quick learner, have strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities, and be an independent thinker with a proven ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Prepare journal entries and assist in maintaining the general ledger for multiple entities.
- Support month-end closing and the preparation of the consolidated financial statements.
- Analyze accounts and prepare account reconciliations.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for operating accounts for multiple entities.
- Maintain fixed assets records.
- Accounts payable administration.
- Prepare and submit sales tax returns.
- Active participation in the annual audit.
- Assist with Inventory analysis and cost of sales accounting.
- Assist with documenting and implementing new policies and procedures.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting.
- 1+ years of accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting and the application of general accounting theory.
- Computer literate and proficiency in Microsoft Excel required. Netsuite a plus.
- Cost accounting experience a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Read Full Job Description