Staff Accountant at MineralTree
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2020 & 2021, MineralTree is a disruptive Fintech enabling over 2,000 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork, and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We are looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies.
MineralTree is seeking a talented, proactive, and motivated Staff Accountant to help strengthen our organization and accounting team. This role will report to the Accounting Director, and work hand-in-hand with our strong, established accounting team, with significant visibility to both the VP, Finance & CFO. We are looking for a top performer who wants to join an international, high-growth SaaS company.
- Own the cash collections/accounts receivable cycle across our multiple entities, including contract review, proper/timely billing, sales tax compliance, revenue recognition, and cash collection.
- This will also include recording and reconciling customer receipts, working directly with customers to ensure prompt collection, working with internal customer success teams to enhance collections, and weekly reporting/deliverables related to this business cycle.
- Drive accounts payable process, including processing/coding invoices, coordinating approvals, onboarding & paying vendors (all via our product), processing T&E reports, reconciling corporate credit cards, booking accruals, and compiling/submitting 1099 forms.
- Responsible for month-end close activities/reconciliation ownership related to accounts receivable, cash accounts, accounts payable, and others as needed.
- Work with the Sales team & payroll to process and calculate sales commissions.
- Assist with annual Big 4 audit and prepare information for various tax filings.
- Work with other members of the accounting team to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assist in initiatives to implement improvement.
- Perform various ad hoc accounting and business operations projects, while cross-functionally partnering with FP&A, Sales, and Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of accounting experience preferred, entry-level considered
- Detail-orientated self-starter with experience working in a hands-on environment
- Ability to prioritize workload, provide solutions, navigate within company systems, and communicate effectively
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, & Avalara preferred
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Keen analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience with SaaS/subscription business models preferred, not required
- Proficiency in Excel required
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee you will enjoy a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits for your peace of mind, such as -- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental insurance, vision, life, disability and more! You will save for retirement through our 401K and have the opportunity for growth with our tuition reimbursement. We also know that talented people tend to hang together, which is why we provide you with the opportunity to earn significant referral bonuses. With hard work comes the need for time off, so we provide unlimited vacation giving you the opportunity to recharge. These are just a few of the great benefits we offer. We look forward telling you more about all of the great benefits and perks here at MineralTree!
MineralTree is an equal opportunity employer. We support the principle of equality of treatment in employment, and are committed to having procedures to determine equal pay for all our employees that do not discriminate and are free from bias.