Klaviyo is looking for a Staff Accountant who will be a key contributor to the Corporate Accounting team. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and involve frequent interaction and coordination with colleagues in the FP&A, compliance, HR, and other operations teams to ensure appropriate accounting treatment and classification. As a part of the Accounting Team, you will drive corporate accounting functions, including assisting with general ledger accounting and reporting, preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, annual reporting functions, and accounting analysis.
- Drive and support the month end close process, including preparing relevant journal entries, performing balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations, and performing account analysis on period over period account fluctuations.
- Ensure general ledger appropriately reflects all financial transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- Participate in various accounting system automation and enhancement projects to promote more timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Collaborate with FP&A to ensure a complete and accurate month-end close.
- Support the external audit firm with year-end audit requests and with other ongoing audit requirements.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as they arise.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting related roles, preferably in technology or SaaS industries.
- CPA experience and Big Four public accounting experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, particularly intermediate to advanced Excel capabilities.
- Understand various service/product offerings to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Ability to continuously improve reporting processes and tools and manage projects to promote system improvements and efficiencies.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact with and build productive working relationships across all organizational levels and departments.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 30,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.