Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role
An outstanding opportunity to join one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston in an experienced finance role that will allow you to be exposed to various parts of the business as we continue to scale the Company and expand and develop the finance organization as an important part of that growth.
You will be strongly customer centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to think independently and at the same time want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be a thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels and focused on solving business and financial challenges.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be joining a small and dynamic finance team, reporting to the Controller, on the larger Company Success Team.
- You will be responsible for the preparation, processing, and reconciliation of semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll for 300+ US employees, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- You will be responsible for reviewing and updating payroll profiles for employee changes, new hires and terminations.
- You will act as the Drift organization’s Ultimate (UltiPro) subject matter expert, staying apprised of new system updates, providing training and guidance to new and existing team members, and contributing to ongoing integrations, etc.
- You will be responsible for generating and distributing required internal payroll reports on a scheduled basis (semi-monthly, quarter end), and prepare information for external audits.
- You will be responsible for reviewing and reconciling 401(k), HSA, FSA and other benefit reporting.
- You will be responsible for maintaining benefit reconciliation procedures to ensure all benefit invoices match to our active benefit enrollments for payments.
- You will be the primary contact for employees’ payroll questions and issues.
- You will assist the preparation of year-end reports and W2 forms.
- You will adherence to federal, state and local tax laws, and resolves state payroll tax filing/registration matters.
- You will be responsible for creating and record journal entries to the general ledger (NetSuite)
- You will be responsible for the mapping and entering of accounts payable vendor invoices into the general ledger (NetSuite) and for processing expense reports as necessary.
- You will be responsible for initial vendor onboarding involving collecting W-9 and banking information and creating a new record in NetSuite.
- You will be responsible for the equity administration of employee stock options in Carta as needed.
- You will assist with the coordination with external accountants for regular audits and year-end reporting.
- You will provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
- You will own the cross-functional business partnership with People Operations department owners.
- You’ll have the opportunity of a lifetime to help build a dynamic global company.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 2-4 years of accounting experience within a SaaS technology organization
- Payroll Tax knowledge a plus
- Experience in high growth companies and comfortable working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities
- Consistently positive attitude
- Reliable and very detail oriented
- Independent / flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management and build influential relationships with partners in the business.
- Tech savvy and eagerness to learn new technology and practices
- Knowledge and experience with Ultimate (UltiPro), Carta, NetSuite, Carta a plus
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]