Ellevation is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing finance team. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a startup environment, work with a collaborative Finance/Operations team, and share in our focus of creating a more data-driven, efficient organization. This is a foundational role at the company that’s necessary to move the company forward in this growth period. In this role, you’ll be able to see the direct impact on improving internal operations across teams in addition to feeling proud to work for a mission-driven organization that improves student outcomes.
- Manage accounts receivable, including oversight of billings and collections
- Assist in the revenue recognition process and reconciliation of deferred revenue
- Support Sales Operations in the review of sales contracts
- Manage accounts payable, including coding of vendor bills, administration of employee expenses reporting system and process
- Process bi-weekly payroll and prepare monthly commission reports
- Support the annual budgeting process and provide budget vs actual analysis for department managers
- Lead other monthly close activities such as bank and credit card reconciliations, fixed asset roll forward, and bank and investor reporting packages
- Participate in the continuous improvement of internal financial structures, procedures and practices, such as the Quote-To-Cash process
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit and tax preparation
- Assist in general compliance work such as annual 1099 preparation, monthly sales tax filings, state registrations
- Assist in developing & monitoring KPIs, and analyzing Gross Margin by Segment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced Excel skills required; Experience with QBO, Adaptive Insights, Salesforce.com and/or Concur a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Detail oriented, with strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work efficiently and with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team-oriented environment
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.