ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
Are you a fanatic for precision and detail? Have you set out to automate as many of life’s chores as possible? As a Staff Accountant you’ll keep the gears that drive our business running smoothly. You’ll help us close the books monthly, collect payments from customers, and ensure that we spend our money wisely.
What you’ll do:
- Handle day-to-day accounting operations as part of the accounting team (AR, AP, GL).
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closes, including assigned journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Ensure our customers are billed on time
- Assist with account inquiries and billing updates for our credit line customers
- Learn our financial systems like the back of your hand
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- 2-4 years’ experience in an accounting or finance role preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel with an understanding of Accounting Systems
- Juggling ability: You’re comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks.
- Tech-savviness: We're completely tech-enabled, and you’ll need to quickly pick up our toolset.
- An appetite for change: If something isn’t working, we fix it. And then we fix it again.
- Devotion to details: Our quality standard is the highest in the business.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.